Oracle has released Acollect for Linux, Sun and Windows Agile PLM Environments. Acollect automates collection of application status and performance data for Agile PLM. It analyzes collected data to provide solutions to some problems like out-of-memory Java errors.
Powerful New Features
- Log and config files specific to type of app server and OS platform.
- Admin tree – a hierarchical view of Admin nodes and properties. It also includes node ID, type, property ID and values. One usage is to quickly look up admin data without the need for a full DB.
- File manager configuration test page.
- JVM and System info, including: OS version, RAM, SWAP space, JVM version, Java options, system properties, memory usage, GC info, classes loaded, netstats, free disk spaces (Linux and SunOS), JMS destination dump (OAS), opmnctl status(OAS), top (Linux), prstat (SunOS).
- Thread dumps. You can specify how many thread dumps and the interval between thread dumps.
- SDK properties, contents of extensions and lib directories, as well as contents of SDK cache and sdk.extensions.libs.
- LDAP configuration, both in JavaClient and Weblogic.
- Weblogic collection, including server basic info, stuck and hogging threads, JDBC runtime stats, cluster config and runtime stats, JMS queues and topics runtime stats.
Troubleshooting Memory Errors
Identifying and troubleshooting Java memory errors is a complex and tedious task that usually involves manually scanning log files and reviewing memory settings. The new Acollect tool does this work for you. Acollect will scan log files (based on server type) and provides recommendations for resolving issues discovered. Recommendations include Heap Space settings, JVM version usage and providing HeapDumps by automatically turning on the HeapDumpOnOutOffMemoryError setting. Acollect will also collect and report on component specific data, environment data, and runtime information stderror logs.
Acollect is available from Oracle support by searching for Doc ID 1518524.1 titled “Use Acollect to collect and Analyze Data for Agile PLM”.
Ease of Use and Powerful Output
Acollect is a powerful tool that is easy to set up and can be easily automated to give administrators regular reports on the health of the Agile PLM system.Share this on . . .